Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Humility

There is nothing that brings humility more than having a daughter.
Especially a fashion forward, worried about makeup and looks, just turned 5 years old.
She apparently comes by this naturally, not from me, but through the hubs side of the family. On his maternal side, one aunt is the nails, cloths, and shoes type and the other aunt was a model in her younger years and even in her 80's she is still very style conscience. And then there is my hubs, who worked for years as a glamour photog. My daughter got every one of their style, art, fashion, and make-up genes.
My daughter found shoes at a young age. On a trip to Fl. for a wedding when she was a year, she had more shoes than I did! At 14 months in a bridal store my daughter found the shoes AND they were low enough that she could get to them!
Back to humility though.
Standard comments from my little girl run the form of "you're fat mommy", "you need make-up mommy", "what's that on your lip mommy? It pokes me when you kiss me" (need to wax the upper lip again), "don't wear that mommy", ect. Of course I remind her that it's not nice to say those things and she apologizes as only a little girl can.
Yet she can raise the ego also. With comments like "you look beautiful", "that's perfect", "I like when you wear those shoes", "we match!", and "I Love You Mommy" ~ the best one of the bunch!
All these comments can come in the span of half an hour. Talk about a bipolar half hour. LOL. It wears me out sometimes. Taking her shopping is exhausting and not something that I like to do often. She even tries to shop for me. I wonder if she'll be a professional shopper.
I don't want to give the wrong idea though, she can and loves to play in mud and dirt and is just at home playing cars as dolls. At a recent peewee rodeo event she was outside playing with trucks in the dirt, the only girl in a crowd of boys.
Oh my darling, complicated, silly, sweet girl. The years that we have ahead of us, I can't wait to hear what will come out of her mouth next.

No comments:

Post a Comment