Monday, August 23, 2010

Touch

Human touch is such an important part of life, a basic need. We all crave to be touch. Just a hand on the shoulder or a gentle hug from a friend.
When though do we lose that need for such spontaneous gestures?
The kids squirm into bed whenever they can even if just for a few minutes to be held and cuddled. My daughter loves to hug all our friends and family. My son at 8 still has a thing for my tummy, wanting to touch it whenever he can. Even my 14 year old still want to, on occasion and when no one is looking, sit on my lap.
I feel the need for touch also. When ever I my husband gives rubs my back or even on the rare occasions when I treat myself to a massage I can feel my skin aching to be touched. A need to have human contact.
Maybe we can just remember that people need to be touched and make more of an effort to touch our friends more.

No comments:

Post a Comment