Thursday, August 5, 2010

Strength

Hubs has been gone for a night with 3 more to go. I had forgotten what it was like not to have him handy. He started work again about 3 weeks ago. My youngest is starting kinder next week so we no longer need anyone to be 100% dedicated at home anymore. I still work weird shifts and it varies so I am freer to be home if needed. The oddest thing is the taking for granted that the Hubs was going to be home. That if there was anything that needed to be done at the last minute, he was there. Now we have to plan out everything.
It reminds me that I have a strength I don't always remember that is there. An ability to do many different things that need doing. Maybe I take longer or make more trips but it gets done. The ability to manage the house and the kids and the outside pretty dang well. I forget that a lot and found myself falling back on the old ways on hubs days off. So now I have to figure out how to balance both sides.
Spending the time with the kids now is different also. With Hubs going back to work and the kids being older, the kids have had to step up and take a bit more chores on. My middle has learned to do laundry, it's not always stain free, but it's clean. My youngest is dumping trashes and feeding kitties. My oldest is still feeding the horses at night but he's also moving the sprinklers when he hears my alarm going off, without being asked and it's heartwarming when he and my middle one aren't fighting and he reads a story to him at bedtime.
This change will be good for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment