Monday, August 2, 2010

My littlest is 5 and I can't seem to grasp it!

It's been a little over two weeks since my baby turned five. Five, such a big age. No longer a baby but a big girl now. Five is an awesome milestone for kids. Five means kindergarten and new friends, school buses and reading.
This summer is a bittersweet time for me. My little girl is just that a little girl and is showing all the independence that goes along. Yet she still wants mommy to cuddle her in bed at bedtime. Then she rolls over to go to sleep, telling me "I just need a cool space mommy. Is that ok?" She wants to run across the driveway every morning to see grandma, safer than it sounds as it's our driveway between the two houses. Yet doesn't want to go upstairs if the lights off.
She's the youngest and our last. I want to savor each moment of her years, we won't be going through them again, but she wants to rush forward like a train rushing on the tracks. Eager to find out what's next.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet. It is interesting reading your writing, your style reminds me of my mom's a bit. It is nice getting to know you on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessa Irene.
    Maybe the writing genes are inherited?

    ReplyDelete