Saturday, December 13, 2008

Perspectives

I love BabyCenter's Momformation Blogs. They're great, if you haven't seen them check em out here: http://blogs.parentcenter.babycenter.com/momformation/
That said, there's a post there about one thing that women hate about pregnancy, which apparently came from a thread about pregnancy discomforts.
I finally got brave and read most of the post and most of the comments. It was tough. I used to complain about the nausea, the swelling, the weight gain, all the normal discomforts also. But if I ever get pregnant no way will I every complain, not one word because it made me sad to see all those comments.
You see, I've gained a new perspective on pregnancy. I miss everything about being pregnant, the good and the bad. I don't think anyone really thinks, geez this misery is for a reason, but I do now. It's to bring a baby into this world. Losing Heather's changed me. Made me stronger I hope but it made me realize that mortality does touch us, even if we are young. It has made me want to be a stronger, more patient, more loving person and parent. A parent that I can be proud of and one that my kids want to be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment