Sunday, December 14, 2008

Work

I am scheduled to start back to work today. I haven't been at work for three weeks. Things have changed in management and of course things have changed inside me. I am finally over the cold enough to feel guilty if I call in sick, which in half an hour will be to late anyway. I am anxious. My coworkers have all been supportive and understanding. I am worried I'll cry if someone says something about Heather or about the funeral. I am worried I'll cry when I see a coworker who's pregnant, due a few weeks ahead of me. I'm nervous about it all. I guess it's normal.
I'll have more sympathy for my kids when they have a stomach ache over school or something in their mind big and scary. It's been a long time since I've felt the butterflies in my stomach feeling. Well here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment