Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Growing Up

Growing up
Do you ever notice that the kids grow faster than you're ready for, or even notice?
Billy-Bob was helping me get stuff out for dinner. He was standing with the refrigerator door open looking for carrots. I opened the freezer, the upper door, and smacked him in the forehead. He yelled "ow you hit me". I said "geez you grew." He laughed and said "yeah I did! I used to fit under the door."
When did he get taller?
Little Mike reaches my shoulder now. He thinks it's cool. I can't figure out when he grew. It took him forever to start growing but we've had to buy 4 different size pants in the last 2 years. He likes to get up early and take the bus. He comes over and gets ready and gets really annoyed if Billy-Bob gets up. He will fix the coffeemaker and start it for my mom and then he likes to read the sports page while mom looks at the rest of the paper. Last week, I was laying in bed listening to him talk to my mom in the dining room and realized he is starting to sound like his dad. It took me a moment to figure out it was Little Mike and not Big Mike.
When did his voice change?
Sasha is in a size 4 now. I couldn't believe it. She's got a ton of handme downs, she's the youngest girl of our close circle of friends and one of the neighbors clients has a girl a few years older also, so we get bags of cloths. She is in a 4 and sometimes a 5.
What happened to my baby girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment