Friday, May 1, 2009

Wow where did the time go.

Geez one minutes it's 2 days till Christmas and the next it's almost Mother's Day. I can't believe it's 2009 already AND 5 months into it. What happened? If just seems the older I get the faster time goes but my kids they think that the time is SLOOOOOOWWWW.
I remember those days when school was nearly out and it would be a summer of freedom. My 7 year old (yes 7 now) told me today he "Hates school" because "you can't play guns or swords or ride your skateboard to school". The skateboard threw me, I mean we live in the country and no way is he riding a skateboard down the highway to school. But he did make me think, no more days at school of playing pretend guns, they were first in the army, and no pretend swords, there went the pirate ship they were playing. Are we so damn worried that our kids are going to come home and do real damage that we limit their imagination?
No wonder my son hates school. I really don't blame him. He got a note I had to sign today also, because he was daydreaming in school. As my hubs says, if they had sent notes when he was in school he would have had several a day. I was sad. Then there is open house next week. But they don't tell anyone it's coming. My son mentioned it to me and I went into the school office and asked. I work nights. So now I have to figure out how to trade the day to get to go. It all just frustrates me. I would love to home school my son. But he is so active and social I don't want to take the social part away, that and my kids going to school is when I sleep.
Summer break will be here in a few weeks. Then there will be endless days of climbing trees and pounding nails, and getting dirty for my son and endless days of arguing with my daughter who wants to do everything her big brother does. Even though he is 7 and she is 3.
So summer will be a time of change. Our house will be done FINALLY after almost 2 years since the fire. We will be moving in and all of us will be in one house again. Heck we'll be in A house. And we will have to figure out what to do for my son. Because I don't want his creativity stiffled any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment